Getting inked can be very exciting. However, taking care of your tattoo is necessary. But, you must keep in mind that a tattoo fades away over time. This is because of a lot of factors. Taking care of the tattoo in summer can be difficult. You will sweat a lot and your skin is going to be exposed under the sun the most during this time of the year. That is why you should be extra careful while dealing with the tattoo during the summer. Here are some great tips that will help your tattoo in the summer.
- Keep it covered – keep the tattoo covered at all times when you are going out in the sun. Direct sunlight over your tattoo can affect it in a negative way. The harmful UV rays of the sun damage your skin really bad. Use a loose cloth and cover the tattoo. Avoid wearing a tight cloth in order to let the tattoo breathe and beat the heat.
- Keep the tattoo clean – it is essential that you keep the tattoo clean at all times during the summer. It will help to avoid bacteria from accumulating. You must use a mild anti-bacterial soap to clean the tattoo. Use lukewarm water for cleaning the tattoo.
- Keep it moisturized – when you get a tattoo, it is going to make your skin go dry and really rough. That is why you have to maintain a good balance in the moisture levels of the skin. You can use a good quality tattoo ointment in order to make the skin smooth and moisturized. However, make sure that you use an unscented body lotion.
- Apply sunblock – you can use a premium tattoo sunscreen during the summers. But, you must wait for at least 2-3 weeks before you can use the sunscreen while going out. Using a sunblock will help the tattoo from the harmful UV rays. It will be even better if you use a sunscreen with high SPF.
- Avoid swimming and hot baths – if you have got a brand new tattoo, then it is advisable to avoid swimming and hot baths. The chemicals in the pool will damage the tattoo big time. Also, very hot water can open the pores of your skin and cause a lot of ink loss. Let your tattoo heal for at least 3 – 4 weeks before you can go swimming.
- Drink lots of water – it is absolutely essential that you keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water. This will help your skin to rejuvenate and heal in a natural manner. Drinking water also keeps your skin hydrated and supple throughout the day.
Final Words – taking care of the tattoo in the summers can be difficult. But, you must try your best to keep it safe at all times. Follow our tips to properly take care of it.